Colour Me Healthy! The benefits of eating a colourful diet
Maintaining a colourful diet is important for our health for a number of reasons. By eating lots of colourful fruit and veg in particular, your body will take in lots of the healthy nutrients that it needs. Check out the benefits of lots of different coloured fruit and veg below ðŸŒˆ
BLUE, PURPLE & RED
- These coloured foods are associated with keeping your heart super healthy, as well as your brain functioning at its best!
- Try these foods: Blackberries, blueberries, plums, cranberries, raspberries, strawberries and grapes â€“ these are all delicious and sweet, especially in the summer!
- The pigment that makes the likes of Oranges and Carrots a bright orange colour helps to keep our eyes healthy and our bones nice and strong
- Yummy orange foods include: apricots, oranges, mango, carrots, sweet potatoes and papaya
- We all know that our greens are good for us! Green foods contain essential nutrients such as calcium, magnesium and lots of vitamins â€“ they help protect our immune system and fight off any nasty viruses and bacteria
- Healthy green foods include: lettuce, beans, broccoli, cabbage, avocado and kale
- Yellow foods are sometimes thought to reduce the risk of arthritis as well as other certain illnesses.
- Try these yellow foods: honeydew melon, peaches, yellow peppers and lemons (probably better for flavouring rather than eating properly!)
Which colourful and healthy foods do you enjoy eating? Send us your pictures or comment belowÂ ðŸ‰ðŸ‹ðŸ‡ðŸ“ðŸðŸ’